Popcorn

Hey everyone!
It's been two years since I've posted but I wanted to go back and post some of our old "rows" that we did with Silas when he was younger. I'm sure I've forgotten things, but here goes!


In October we decided to "row" the book "Popcorn" by Frank Asch. It's not an official Before Rive In A Row book, but one of our favorites that we've done. We read the book and focused on our five senses. Here's a look at what we did. 


The first thing to do when reading Popcorn, is MAKE popcorn!! We made it on the stove just like little bear and imagined the house being filled to the rim with it. Silas LOVED this part!! While it cooked, we listened for it to pop, we smelled it as it cooked, we watched it grow bigger, we felt the difference between a kernel and one that's popped, and then we tasted it. 



With all the left over popcorn we attempted making popcorn balls. They were ok but not great lol. 


We also glued some into the popcorn bucket we printed out. 

Here's Silas working on identifying the 5 senses, drawing popcorn kernels, and working on counting. 





We also had a kernel sensory bin where I hid some popcorn I printed out with the ABCs on them and had him find them blind folded. He had to put them in order to make sure he found them all. I think we did this several times through out the week because he loved it so much.




Or last activity and our favorite was using our sense of hearing and guess what I hid in each container. 


We also used the felt pieces I talked about it my other post to talk about our senses, we read other popcorn books, ate popcorn for snacks and just had a great time! If you get a chance to read this book with your kiddos DO IT. I grew up reading this book and was so happy to be able to share it with my boys!




Comments

Popular Posts